Last updated: 5th April 2021
A cookie is a small text file which is placed onto your computer (or other electronic device) when you access our website.
- recognise you whenever you visit this website (this speeds up your access to the website as you do not have to log in each time);
- obtain information about your preferences, online movements and use of the internet;
- carry out research and statistical analysis to help improve our content, products and services and to help us better understand our visitor requirements and interests;
- target our marketing and advertising campaigns more effectively by providing interest-based advertisements that are personalised to your interests; and
- make your online experience more efficient and enjoyable.
We use the following types of cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website.
- Analytical or performance cookies. These allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests.
First and third party cookies
First party cookies are cookies set by our website. Third party cookies are cookies on our website that are set by another website, such as where we have adverts on our website or use Facebook pixels so that we can show you relevant content from us when you are on Facebook.
We use third party cookies on our website and details of these are included in the table below.
More detail about our cookies
How to turn off cookies or alter settings
You can alter your cookie preferences at any time here
If you do not want to accept cookies, you can also change your browser settings so that cookies are not accepted. If you do this, please be aware that you may lose some of the functionality of this website.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites, visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
For further information about cookies and how to disable them please go to the Information Commissioner’s webpage on cookies: https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/online/cookies/.
Except for essential cookies, all cookies will expire after 30 days.